In order to upload / change your product costs (inbound shipping costs, cost of goods, etc.) all at once, use our handy .csv template to ensure that all costs are uploaded accurately.
Step 1: Export Product Fees Template
- To access the Product List go to Main Menu > Products > Product Fee List.
- Click on the Product Fees Import/Export Template from the Action menu at the top right of the page. (See screenshot below.)
- This will export the product fees based on your current Smart Search if you've done one to filter your products shown. Otherwise, it will export all of your products.
Please note: if you have more than 10,000 products they will be split into multiple .csv files and compressed in a .zip file.
- This will queue your template for processing. Once it's ready, please go to Main Menu > Reports > Download Exports to download the template.
Step 2: Edit Product Fees Template
Once you've downloaded the template, you will need to fill in the appropriate fields prior to importing it back into HelloProfit. Please see a detailed explanation of each field below.
You MUST NOT edit the fields ** in front of it. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
You MUST NOT edit the column headings. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
These are the columns in the Product Fees Template:
- ** Product Fee ID -- NOT EDITABLE
- ** Merchant ID -- NOT EDITABLE
- ** Product ASIN -- NOT EDITABLE
- ** SKU -- NOT EDITABLE
- ** MarketPlace -- NOT EDITABLE
- Unit Cost -- IS EDITABLE
What is unit cost? The cost you paid to your supplier per unit. This value will be used per unit sold in the profit calculations in HelloProfit. This field must contain a valid number. For example, $1.50 should be entered as 1.50 without the dollar sign. Adding special characters will cause the import to fail.
- Ship Cost -- IS EDITABLE
What is ship cost? The cost you paid for shipping per unit to get your product to the Amazon fulfillment center, your warehouse or 3rd party fulfillment center from your supplier. This field must contain a valid number. For example, $1.50 should be entered as 1.50 without the dollar sign. Adding special characters will cause the import to fail.
- Pick Pack -- IS EDITABLE
- Weight Handling -- IS EDITABLE
- Handling -- IS EDITABLE
- FBA Fee -- IS EDITABLE
- Storage -- IS EDITABLE
- Variable Cost -- IS EDITABLE
- Refer Percent -- IS EDITABLE
- Minimum Refer -- IS EDITABLE
- Update Unit Cost -- IS EDITABLE
This column represents a 1 (yes) or 0 (no) for updating the Unit Cost for Historical Orders for this Product/Marketplace.
- Update Ship Cost -- IS EDITABLE
This column represents a 1 (yes) or 0 (no) for updating the Ship Cost for Historical Orders for this Product/Marketplace.
Step 3: Saving the Product Fees Template
The product template must be saved in a CSV format prior to uploading. This will ensure the template uploads properly. Please see instructions below for saving in the proper format on a MAC and Windows.
Saving on a Mac
- Use File > Save As
- Choose the format of Windows Comma Separated (.csv)
Saving in Windows
- Use File > Save As
- Choose the format of CSV (Comma delimited)
Step 4: Import Product Fees Template into HelloProfit
- Go to Main Menu > Upload Reports > Import Product Template
- Click on the Actions dropdown menu in the top right of the page, choose Upload Template
- Once the template has been imported the Status will change to Processed.
If for some reason the template can not be processed the Status will change to Error. Errors are typically caused by not following one of the above steps.
You should now be able to see your changes reflected on the Product Fee List page. Any applicable order data will be updated in this process as well.
If you have any issues uploading your product costs and fees in bulk this way, don't hesitate to get in touch with us via the support chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.