You are now able to bulk import your product costs. Detailed instructions are listed below:
Step 1: Export Product Template
- To access the Product List go to Main Menu > Products > Product List.
- Click on the Product Import/Export Template from the Action menu at the top right of the page. This will export the products based on your current Smart Search if you've done one. Otherwise, it will export all of your products. Please note if you have more than 10,000 products they will be split into multiple csv files and compiled in a zip file.
- This will queue your template for processing. Once it's ready, please go to Main Menu > Reports > Download Exports to download the template.
Step 2: Edit Product Template
Once you've downloaded the template, you will need to fill in the appropriate fields prior to importing back into HelloProfit. Please see a detailed explanation of each field below.
You MUST NOT edit the fields ** in front of it. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
You MUST NOT edit the column headings. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
- **Product ID - NOT EDITABLE
- **Merchant ID - NOT EDITABLE
- **Merchant - NOT EDITABLE
Enter 1 to show this product on the Merchant Dashboard
Enter 0 to hide the product on the Merchant Dashboard
- Name - The display name you'd like to use in HelloProfit
- **ASIN - NOT EDITABLE
- **Parent ASIN - NOT EDITABLE
- **SKU - NOT EDITABLE
- Unit Cost - The cost you paid to your supplier per unit. This value will be used per unit sold in the profit calculations in HelloProfit. This field must contain a valid number. For example, $1.50 should be entered as 1.50 without the dollar sign. Adding special characters will cause the import to fail.
- Ship Cost - The cost you paid for shipping per unit to get your product to the Amazon fulfillment center, your warehouse or 3rd party fulfillment center from your supplier. This field must contain a valid number. For example, $1.50 should be entered as 1.50 without the dollar sign. Adding special characters will cause the import to fail.
- Currency - The default currency for the merchant account. This is for display purposes only.
Is Media - Selecting 1 in this field may cause an increase in FBA Fees
Enter 1 if your product is classified as media on Amazon
Enter 0 if your product is not classified as media on Amazon
Is Clothing - Selecting 1 in this field may cause an increase in FBA Fees
Enter 1 if your product is classified as clothing on Amazon
Enter 0 if your product is not classified as clothing on Amazon
Enter 1 to show this product in the varies product drop downs throughout HelloProfit
Enter 0 to not show this product in the varies product drop downs throughout HelloProfit
Step 3: Saving the Product Template
The product template must be saved in a CSV format prior to uploading. This will ensure the template uploads properly. Please see instructions below for saving in the proper format on a MAC and Windows.
Saving on a Mac
- Use File > Save As
- Choose the format of Windows Comma Separated (.csv)
Saving in Windows
- Use File > Save As
- Choose the format of CSV (Comma delimited)
Step 4: Import Product Template Into HelloProfit
- Go to Main Menu > Upload Reports > Import Product Template
- From the Actions Menu, on the top right of the page, choose Upload Product Import Template
- Once the template has been imported the Status will change to Processed. If for some reason the template can not be processed the Status will change to Error. Errors are typically caused by not following one of the above steps.
You should now be able to see your changes reflected on the Product List page. Any applicable order data will be updated in this process as well.